Divorce Mediation Lawyer in Chicago
Helping You and Your Spouse Achieve a Peaceful Resolution
Before you decide to move forward with a divorce, make sure you are aware of all the options available to you. You could go through litigation, but you could also opt for a collaborative divorce or choose divorce mediation in Chicago.
Are you and your spouse in agreement about getting a divorce? If so, then divorce mediation may be the best option for you. Call our Chicago divorce mediation attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan Merel, P.C. today! Our divorce mediators can help you peacefully dissolve your marriage so that you can avoid a nasty courtroom drama.
How Does Divorce Mediation Work?
Mediation involves the divorcing spouses and a mediator. A divorce mediator does not advocate for either party; instead, the mediator’s job is to help facilitate negotiations until a couple reaches a mutually agreeable settlement. This is why it would also be wise to have an attorney on your side. Unlike litigation, the mediation process is far less contentious and an effective approach for spouses to forego the heartache and hostility that is often part and parcel of this inherently adversarial method.
The Benefits of Divorce Mediation
In Chicago, divorce mediation can do more than simply provide a more amicable means of dissolving a marriage.
- It takes less time: No one wants to spend more time than they have to when it comes to ending their marriage. Since you will not be at the mercy of the court’s schedule, you and your spouse can complete the mediation process in a few sessions.
- It costs less: A divorce that takes less time also comes with a much smaller price tag.
- It is better for your kids: If you and your spouse have children, you have even more reason to divorce amicably. Divorce mediation will help you work on your ability to cooperate, compromise, and negotiate with your co-parent as you move forward. Since you will continue to be in each other’s lives as you raise your children, these will be vital tools.
- It is confidential: When you go through divorce litigation, the details of why your marriage failed will be accessible to the public, which can be an uncomfortable position for couples. Divorce mediation keeps these details private.
- Your resolution is customized: If you leave your divorce up to a judge, you and your spouse might not be happy with the outcome. You are far more likely to be pleased with your divorce settlement if you have a hand in it.
Consult a Divorce Mediation Attorney in Chicago
At the Law Offices of Jonathan Merel, P.C., we provide a vast array of options for divorcing spouses, including mediation. You and your spouse do not have to go through a contentious divorce process to achieve a resolution. Our Chicago divorce mediation lawyers can provide the guidance you need to achieve an amicable resolution. Our law firm has handled countless divorce and family law cases in Chicago since it was founded in 2009. You can rely on us to effectively handle your case.
Contact us today at (312) 487-2795 to set up a free 20-minute consultation with a member of our team.
Always responsive, always available... this is the man you want in your corner- Previous Client
Jonathan is a great lawyer with great services and results- John
I cannot stress enough how happy I was with their performance and I highly recommend that anyone with a Family Law matter have the Law Offices of Jonathan Merel represent them.- Richard
Jonathan and his team are everything you want in a lawyer.- BCT
They were thorough, thoughtful, respectful and always acted with my interests at heart.- Former Client